MotoGP will continue to visit Germany until 2021 following the announcement of a contract extension by series officials on Sunday.
Ahead of the German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring, series commercial rights holder Dorna Sports confirmed that a five-year contract extension had been struck.
“We are pleased that collaboration with our longstanding partners at ADAC has been extended for another five years,” Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said.
“We and the ADAC will be making a joint announcement in the next few weeks concerning the venue for the German MotoGP round.”
ADAC Sports president Hermann Tomczyk expects the race to remain at the Sachsenring, which has hosted MotoGP since 1998.
“The Motorcycle Grand Prix is one of the sporting events in Germany that draws the biggest crowds,” Tomczyk said.
“We are very pleased that we have secured the future of the German round of the world championship for the next five years. The world’s top motorcycle racing stars will be lining up on German tracks until at least 2021.
“I would like to thank Dorna for being such excellent partners and also everyone on our side for their commitment over recent months in securing the future of the German Motorcycle Grand Prix.
“We are already on the home straight in our negotiations with the Sachsenring to serve as the venue for the next five years. We hope to get the thumbs-up from our partners in Saxony by mid-August at the latest.”