Jacques Villeneuve says he “would love to come back” to Formula E after cutting ties with Venturi just three races in to season two.
One-time Formula 1 and CART champion Villeneuve announced last August he would be entering Formula E with Venturi, making his debut in Beijing.
However, his spell in the series lasted just three races, the Canadian walking away from Venturi after the Punta del Este ePrix after a disagreement on the future direction of the team.
“It was just a shame that there wasn’t time to build anything up, that’s all,” Villeneuve told the official Formula E website.
“That was a bit disappointing, but that’s just the way life goes.”
Villeneuve failed to score any points in his three races, and did not even make the grid in Uruguay after a crash in qualifying.
Despite his struggles, the 45-year-old confirmed his interest in returning to Formula E, but only if he had the chance to be competitive.
“I would love to come back,” Villeneuve said.
“The racing was fun, the tracks were great in parts. In Malaysia the track was awesome.
“The championship is professional and there’s a great bunch of drivers.
“It was a worthwhile experience and it would be great to have a proper shot at it.”
On Friday, Marvin Musquin announced on Instagram he will miss the entire 2020 Supercross season with a knee injury.
The injury was sustained earlier this week in a practice crash at the KTM test track when he overjumped an obstacle and landed hard.
It’s “not the kind of news I’m excited to share with you guys,” Musquin wrote. “I was really happy to be back on the bike riding after being injured at the end of the Motocross season and starting to train for Supercross. Unfortunately, I had an incident at the KTM test track and ultimately over-jumped a jump that had a very big impact on my legs when I landed, injuring my left knee.”
I had it evaluated by several doctors and it was determined that my knee required surgery. It’s devastating news to me as I was really looking forward to racing Supercross, but I will take the time needed to recover properly with my main focus being to return when I am strong enough to win races.”
Last year, Musquin sustained another knee injury in November that threatened his 2019 Supercross season. He was able to ride in the Anaheim 1 event and finished in the top 10. Musquin improved throughout the season, winning two races and finishing third in the points after making a determined charge.
Musquin missed the 2011 and 2014 Supercross seasons with ACL injuries.