Renowned car enthusiast and former Tonight Show host Jay Leno will make a guest appearance in the booth for this weekend’s Mecum Auctions coverage from Monterey.
Leno’s presence will join the rest of CNBC’s Mecum Auctions overage on-site at the Colorado Convention Center, alongside analysts John Kraman, Stephen Cox, Bill Stephens, and Steve Matchett. Mecum Auctions is led by Dana Mecum, Founder and President of Mecum Auctions for the past 28 years.
More details and a coverage breakdown are below:
CNBC presents more than 10 hours of Mecum Auctions coverage from its iconic event in Monterey, Calif., this weekend, highlighted by a guest appearance in the broadcast booth by former Tonight Show host and avid car collector and enthusiast Jay Leno on Saturday.
Highlights from this weekend’s auction include:
- 1966 BSA A65L motorcycle purchased new in 1966 by Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys;
- 1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible that was loaned to The White House by the Ford Motor Company for First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy’s use;
- 1967 Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Roadster purchased that was purchased new by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Grammy Award winner Bobby Darin;
- 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S previously owned by American tennis legend Pete Sampras;
- 1997 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster that has had one private owner – boxing legend George Foreman.
Coverage gets underway on Saturday at 3 p.m. ET on CNBC, and continues Sunday with more than five hours of Mecum Auctions action, beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET.
|Sat., Aug. 20||Mecum Auctions – Monterey||3 p.m.||CNBC|
|Sun., Aug. 21||Mecum Auctions – Monterey||1:30 p.m.||CNBC|