Evans set for more Jaguar Formula E testing next week

© FIA Formula E
0 Comments

Mitch Evans appears to be closing in on a Formula E seat with Jaguar after securing a further three days of test running at Donington Park next week.

GP2 racer Evans was one of three drivers to share running in Jaguar’s second car in the first collective Formula E test last week, running alongside Alex Lynn and Harry Tincknell.

Each driver got a single day behind the wheel of the car, with Irish racer Adam Carroll enjoying three straight days of running.

A spokesperson from Jaguar Racing confirmed to NBC Sports that Evans would be returning for the second test, completing three days of running alongside Carroll.

Jaguar is keen to secure a firm baseline at the final collective test as it runs all four of its cars for the forthcoming season for the first time, making a stable line-up crucial.

The British marque has stressed that it is yet to make any firm decision regarding its line-up for its debut Formula E season. An announcement will be made on Thursday at Jaguar’s official launch event.

Collective Formula E testing resumes on Monday at Donington Park.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.