Rosenqvist to see out DTM season with Mercedes

© Mercedes
0 Comments

Formula E driver Felix Rosenqvist will see out the current DTM season with Mercedes after replacing Esteban Ocon over the summer.

2015 FIA European F3 champion Rosenqvist called time on his Indy Lights program earlier this year to make the switch back to Europe, replacing the Formula 1-bound Ocon in DTM.

Rosenqvist scored a point on debut in Moscow before returning for the following round at the Nürburgring in Germany.

Rosenqvist also recently announced his entry into Formula E with Mahindra Racing, and will balance this commitment with the remaining two races of the DTM season, starting next weekend at the Hungaroring.

“I’m pleased with today’s confirmation of my continued DTM race program,” Rosenqvist said.

“My first two weekends in the championship have been promising and I look forward to building on that in Budapest and Hockenheim.

“They are two tracks I enjoy, and I know from my past in F3 that the Hockenheim finale is a huge event. It will be particularly thrilling to be a part of that as a Mercedes-AMG DTM driver.”

Rosenqvist’s involvement in DTM beyond the end of the season remains unclear, but Mahindra has made clear to NBC Sports that it expects him to be available when required for his Formula E races in 2017.

Ken Roczen signs with HEP Progressive Ecstar Suzuki for 2023

Roczen Progressive Ecstar Suzuki
Align Media
0 Comments

ANAHEIM, California – Ken Roczen will make the move from HRC Honda to H.E.P. Motorsports with the Progressive Ecstar Suzuki team, ending a long and eventful offseason that saw his split from his longstanding team after he committed to running World Supercross (WSX).

“H.E.P. Motorsports is thrilled to announce that the team has signed Ken Roczen as its premier rider for the 2023 season,” the team announced on Instagram. “Former AMA Motocross champion Roczen will be aboard a Suzuki RM-Z450. Roczen, who won his most recent championship on a Suzuki, will be reunited with the brand and bring his exciting style, determination, and grit back to the RM Army.

“Ken Roczen will compete in the upcoming 2023 Supercross and Motocross Championship series which is set to start on January 7 at Anaheim Stadium in Southern California.”

For Roczen, it is a return to the bike of his youth and on which he had some of his greatest professional success.

“This thing has been going on for weeks and weeks and weeks in the making, but there was so much uncertainty,” Roczen told NBC Sports during Monster Energy Supercross Media Sessions. “It was a very unique situation. I just finally signed two nights ago, so it’s really only legit once the ink hits the paper. It’s been in the works for a long time, but there were just a lot of questions and a lot of input from a lot of other teams too.

“Good things take time, and I’m okay with that. I grew up riding Suzuki. Ot’s like a homecoming. It’s a special feeling”

Roczen won the 2016 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on a Suzuki before making the move to Honda. That year he won nine of 12 Nationals and finished no worse than second as he easily outpaced Eli Tomac by 86 points. He finished third in his next Pro Motocross outing in 2018 after sitting out the outdoor season in 2017.

“I am beyond excited to reconnect with Suzuki for the 3rd time in my career. We’ve had a lot of success in the past and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in our future.” Roczen said in the Instagram post.