Felipe Nasr believes that Sauber is “a very attractive place to be” in Formula 1 as the team continues to rebuild following its takeover.
Nasr made his F1 debut with Sauber at the beginning of 2015, finishing fifth in his first grand prix but has failed to score a single point so far this season.
Financial uncertainty over the past few years left Sauber struggling at the back of the grid until Longbow Finance took over the Swiss operation in the summer.
The buy-out has allowed Sauber to develop upgrades for its C35 car that had been on hold, as well as hire key personnel to help its push up the grid.
Nasr has been linked with a move to Williams for 2017, but said on Thursday in Singapore that Sauber remained an attractive proposition for next season.
“Right now I don’t have any news. Hopefully soon but right now I don’t have much to say really,” Nasr said.
“All I can say, at Sauber things are moving forward. I can see the team really stepping up, a lot of new people coming in.
“It’s still a very attractive place to be, but it’s still an unknown.
“Hopefully when I have some news I’ll bring it in.”
Nasr is thought to be in contention for the Williams seat with rising F3 star Lance Stroll, with Valtteri Bottas widely expected to be retained for 2017.