Next week’s Petit Le Mans presented by Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort, on Saturday, Oct. 1, will again feature a number of usual guest stars among the 37 cars entered (9 P, 6 PC, 10 GTLM, 12 GTD).
There’s a number of IndyCar drivers making the trip to Petit Le Mans, including the following:
- Simon Pagenaud, No. 31 Action Express Racing Corvette DP
- Spencer Pigot, Nos. 55 and 70 Mazda
- Ryan Hunter-Reay, No. 90 Visit Florida Racing Corvette DP
- Sebastien Bourdais, No. 66 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT
- Scott Dixon, No. 67 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT
Tequila Patron ESM is back with Pipo Derani, Scott Sharp and Johannes van Overbeek as that trio looks to win their third endurance race in four Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup races in the No. 2 Ligier JS P2 Honda, the last race for that car combination before the team’s new DPi program in 2017.
Additionally, the Scuderia Corsa Ferrari F488 GTE is back with Daniel Serra, Alessandro Pier Guidi and Andrea Bertolini. James Calado is third driver with Risi, an interesting move there.
Some of the other notable third drivers include:
- Andy Meyrick, No. 0 DeltaWing
- Filipe Albuquerque, No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP
- Max Angelelli, No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette DP
- Olivier Pla, No. 60 Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2 Honda
- David Heinemeier Hansson, No. 8 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
- Kenton Koch, No. 38 Performance Tech Motorsports Oreca FLM09 (class points leader for TPNAEC)
- Max Hanratty, No. 88 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09 (series debut)
- Mike Rockenfeller & Marcel Fassler, Nos. 3 and 4 Corvette C7.R
- Augusto Farfus & Kuno Wittmer, Nos. 25 and 100 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
- James Calado, No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 GTE
- Mike Skeen & Dion von Moltke, Nos. 6 and 9 Stevenson Motorsports Audi R8 LMS
- Richard Antinucci, No. 16 Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- Ian James, No. 23 The Heart of Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Marc Miller, No. 33 Riley Motorsports Dodge Viper GT3-R
- Marco Seefried, No. 44 Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
- Bryce Miller, No. 48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
- Jeff Segal, No. 63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
- Matt McMurry, No. 73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
- Ashley Freiberg, No. 96 Turner Motorsport BMW M6 GT3
There’s still a handful of TBDs.
Track activity begins Thursday, Sept. 29, for the final IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship race of the season.