What had become a fairly stagnant silly season in Formula 1 for 2017 has kicked into high gear in the last few weeks with a number of changes.
NBCSN’s Will Buxton takes you through what’s all gone down in the above video.
If you prefer it in text form, here’s how it’s gone down.
The early-ish season confirmations, or confirmations before the last two weeks, were completed below:
- Mercedes: Nico Rosberg, Lewis Hamilton
- Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo, Max Verstappen
- Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel, Kimi Raikkonen
- McLaren: Fernando Alonso, Stoffel Vandoorne
- Toro Rosso: Carlos Sainz Jr., Daniil Kvyat
Then in the last two weeks since Mexico, this has happened following Nico Hulkenberg’s switch to Renault:
- Force India: Sergio Perez, Esteban Ocon
- Williams: Valtteri Bottas, Lance Stroll
- Renault: Nico Hulkenberg, Jolyon Palmer
- Haas: Romain Grosjean, Kevin Magnussen
- Sauber: Marcus Ericsson, Felipe Nasr
- Manor: Pascal Wehrlein, Esteban Gutierrez
Those outlined in italics are not confirmed yet for 2017 but have the lead on seats for next year, as it stands.