Arden confirms GP3 line-up ahead of 2017 season

© GP3 Series
0 Comments

Arden has confirmed that Leonardo Pulcini and Steijn Schothorst will join Red Bull junior Niko Kari in its GP3 line-up for the 2017 season.

GP3 acts as the third rung on the single-seater ladder below GP2 and Formula 1, and has produced a number of top-name grand prix racers including Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz Jr.

Arden confirmed earlier this week that Pulcini and Schothorst would complete its line-up for the 2017 season.

Schothorst raced in GP3 last year with Campos, claiming two top-five finishes en route to 13th place in the standings, as well as appearing in the Renault Sport Trophy.

“I’m very happy to be able to join Arden for the 2017 GP3 campaign. They have shown that they are one the strongest teams out there,” Schothorst said.

“I believe that together with the experience that I have gained last year, we have a lot of potential for a very strong season, so I can’t wait to get the season started.”

Pulcini moves into GP3 off the back of winning the Euroformula Open championship and Spanish F3 title in 2016.

“I’m very delighted to race with Arden in GP3 this year, last year’s Abu Dhabi test was very good with them, so I know that I have all the potential to fight for the win,” Pulcini said.

“I will give everything for this opportunity. Season is about to start, can’t wait for it!”

The new GP3 Series season kicks off in Barcelona, Spain on May 13.