The latest edition of the NBC Sports Group original digital series Paddock Pass comes to you today from the first traditional European race of the Formula 1 season, the Spanish Grand Prix.
NBCSN pit reporter and insider Will Buxton checks in from the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with a number of drivers, including last year’s Spanish Grand Prix winner Max Verstappen.
The Dutchman is back at the track for the first time as a defending race winner and to commemorate the one-year anniversary of that and his arrival at Red Bull Racing.
Additionally, Fernando Alonso talks about mixing IndyCar driving with F1, while Nico Hulkenberg aims to improve and Carlos Sainz Jr. discusses being in the middle of the pack ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix.
We’re just past the eight hour mark in the 2020 edition of the Rolex 24, and darkness has descended over the Daytona International Speedway.
Scott Dixon is the current overall leader, while Harry Tincknell runs in the second position.
As of 10:15 pm ET, the leaders are:
- No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing, Cadillac DPi, Scott Dixon
- No. 55 Mazda Team Joest, Mazda DPi, Harry Tincknell
- No. 31 Whelen Engineering Racing, Cadillac DPi, Felipe Nasr
- No. 81 Dragonspeed USA, ORECA LMP2 07, Ben Hanley
- No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports, ORECA LMP2 07, Simon Trummer
- No. 8 Tower MotorSport by Starworks, ORECA LMP2 07, David Heinemeier Hansson
- No. 912 Porsche GT Team, Porsche 911 RSR-19, Earl Bamber
- No. 24 BMW Rahal Letterman Lanigan, BMW M8 GTE, Augusto Farfus
- No. 911 Porsche GT Team, Porsche 911 RSR-19, Fred Makowiecki
- No. 48 Paul Miller Racing, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Madison Snow
- No. 9 Pfaff Motorsports, Porsche 911 GT3 R, Zacharie Robichon
- No. 12 AIM Vasser Sullivan, Lexus RC F GT3, Frankie Montecalvo
Live coverage of the Rolex 24 at Daytona will return to NBCSN at 11 p.m. ET. Fans can also watch all remaining coverage on NBC Sports Gold’s Trackpass.