Formula 1’s first of two trips to North America in 2017 takes place with this weekend’s Canadian Grand Prix, which you can see live from 2 p.m. ET on Sunday on NBC.
Coverage occurs this weekend across all NBC Sports Group networks, NBC, CNBC and NBCSN, for live coverage with streaming on the NBC Sports App.
TV times for live sessions are free practice two, Friday at 2 p.m. ET on NBCSN, qualifying Saturday at 1 p.m. ET on CNBC and the race Sunday at 2 p.m. ET on NBC.
Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel will look to become the first driver to win multiple races consecutively this year in the seventh race of the year. Vettel took an authoritative victory at Monaco, with his third of the year, which now sees him 25 points clear of Lewis Hamilton for the World Championship lead.
A Ferrari win in Montreal would be the first for the team since Michael Schumacher’s in 2004. Vettel’s Monaco win was the team’s first there since 2001.
Hamilton, by contrast, is in search of his third straight Canadian Grand Prix victory and sixth overall at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Prior to that, Red Bull won twice as Daniel Ricciardo won his first career Grand Prix there in 2014 and Vettel won his first and thus far only Canadian Grand Prix a year earlier in 2013.
Of note, 2006 Montreal winner Fernando Alonso returns to his usual McLaren Honda after his Indianapolis 500 odyssey where he was named Sunoco Rookie of the Year there. And Kimi Raikkonen is the other past Canadian Grand Prix winner in the field, having done so in 2005 with McLaren.
Here’s the schedule, with stream links and TV network if applicable:
- Practice 1: Friday, June 9, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. ET (Story; Full replay)
- Practice 2: Friday, June 9, 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET (Story; Full replay)
- Practice 3: Saturday, June 10, 10 a.m.-11 a.m. ET (Story; Full replay)
- Qualifying: Saturday, June 10, 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. ET (Story)
- Qualifying (Replay): Sunday, June 11, 12 a.m.-1:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)
- Pre-Race: Sunday, June 11, 1:30 p.m.-2 p.m. ET (Streaming)
- Race: Sunday, June 11, 2 p.m.-4 p.m. ET (Story; Full replay)
- Race (Replay): Sunday, June 11, 8 p.m.-10 p.m. ET (NBCSN)
- Race (Replay): Monday, June 12, 3:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. ET (NBCSN)
The next race is the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, on June 25.