Steve Arpin and Loenbro Motorsports added their names to the winners list in Red Bull Global Rallycross’ 2017 season, joining the Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross teammates Scott Speed and Tanner Foust and Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE’s Sebastian Eriksson.
The driver of the No. 00 Ford Fiesta ST has looked close to breaking through this year and finally did so Sunday at Thompson Speedway in Round 4 of the season, picking up the lead after Foust crashed in the dirt section.
The win is Arpin’s second in GRC after his first came at Daytona last year. This is also the first win for the new Loenbro team, which fused into that name after previously operating under the Chip Ganassi Rallycross name.
Speed was second while Subaru got on the podium for the first time this year with Chris Atkinson third in the No. 55 Subaru WRX-STi. With Mitchell DeJong in fourth for Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE, it made it four manufacturers in the top four positions.
Olsbergs MSE X Forces driver Cyril Raymond swept the weekend in GRC Lites.
VIEW: Photos from Thompson
Full Supercar results from Sunday’s Red Bull GRC New England II are as follows:
- Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports
- Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross
- Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA
- Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA
- Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
- Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
- Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross