Brendon Hartley will see out the Formula 1 season with Scuderia Toro Rosso, Red Bull’s Dr. Helmut Marko has confirmed on Wednesday.
Speaking to Germany’s Auto Bild, Marko confirmed the team will not have Daniil Kvyat back on board, which paves the way for Red Bull to either drop him entirely from its future plans or assign him to another championship.
“Kvyat will not return again. We do not believe he can make the turnaround in the long-term,” Marko said, via Crash.net.
“Gasly and Hartley are finishing the season. Then we’ll see.”
The move sets Hartley up for a world tour of races and series and still five more races in as many weeks to come, after completing three in the last three as part of his whirlwind 2017 season.
Hartley’s continued F1 bow has, inadvertently, thrown a curveball to the IndyCar silly season as well.
In order, this has been/will be Hartley’s schedule:
- October 7, Petit Le Mans, IMSA, Tequila Patron ESM Nissan Onroak DPi
- October 15, Japan, FIA World Endurance Championship, Porsche 919 Hybrid
- October 22, United States, Formula 1, Toro Rosso
- October 29, Mexico, F1, Toro Rosso
- November 5, China, FIA WEC, Porsche
- November 12, Brazil, F1, Toro Rosso
- November 18, Bahrain, FIA WEC, Porsche
- November 26, Abu Dhabi, F1, Toro Rosso