The IndyCar Series season ended a month ago, but things are already in a preparation mode for the 2019 season, and in particular, the 103rd running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 26.
Wednesday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, several drivers will take part in a private, closed Firestone tire test.
The test will run from 9 am to 5 pm ET. Neither fans nor media are allowed to attend.
Among drivers scheduled to take part in the test:
- 2018 Verizon IndyCar Series champion Scott Dixon (Chip Ganassi Racing)
- 2018 Indianapolis 500 winner Will Power (Team Penske)
- Tony Kanaan (A.J. Foyt Racing)
- Ed Carpenter (Ed Carpenter Racing)
- Alexander Rossi (Andretti Autosport)
- Graham Rahal (Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing)