Scott Dixon set the fastest lap in the first practice session for the Honda Indy Toronto Friday morning, with an elapsed time of 1 minute, 1.0723 seconds around the 11-Turn, 1.786-mile street circuit.
Dixon led Josef Newgarden by 0.1415 seconds.
Dixon’s teammate Felix Rosenqvist finished the session third fastest, with a time of 1 minute, 1.2395 seconds, with Alexander Rossi finishing fourth fastest with a time of 1 minute, 1.3843 seconds.
Indianapolis 500 winner Simon Pagenaud finished the session fifth fastest with an elapsed time of 1 minute, 1.4969 seconds.
The 45-minute session saw the red flag come out three separate times, all for drivers losing control in Turn 11 and spinning on the front straightaway.
Will Power was the first to do so, 17 minutes into the session, with teammate Newgarden following suit approximately ten minutes later. Takuma Sato was the final driver to fall victim to Turn 11, spinning with 12 minutes remaining, and almost collecting Marco Andretti.
All three drivers would be assessed five-minute penalties for their spins.
Click here for full practice results
Practice 2 for the Honda Indy Toronto takes place later this afternoon, with live streaming of the session starting at 3:15 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Gold.
Follow Michael Eubanks on Twitter
We’re just past the eight hour mark in the 2020 edition of the Rolex 24, and darkness has descended over the Daytona International Speedway.
Scott Dixon is the current overall leader, while Harry Tincknell runs in the second position.
As of 10:15 pm ET, the leaders are:
- No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing, Cadillac DPi, Scott Dixon
- No. 55 Mazda Team Joest, Mazda DPi, Harry Tincknell
- No. 31 Whelen Engineering Racing, Cadillac DPi, Felipe Nasr
- No. 81 Dragonspeed USA, ORECA LMP2 07, Ben Hanley
- No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports, ORECA LMP2 07, Simon Trummer
- No. 8 Tower MotorSport by Starworks, ORECA LMP2 07, David Heinemeier Hansson
- No. 912 Porsche GT Team, Porsche 911 RSR-19, Earl Bamber
- No. 24 BMW Rahal Letterman Lanigan, BMW M8 GTE, Augusto Farfus
- No. 911 Porsche GT Team, Porsche 911 RSR-19, Fred Makowiecki
- No. 48 Paul Miller Racing, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Madison Snow
- No. 9 Pfaff Motorsports, Porsche 911 GT3 R, Zacharie Robichon
- No. 12 AIM Vasser Sullivan, Lexus RC F GT3, Frankie Montecalvo
Live coverage of the Rolex 24 at Daytona will return to NBCSN at 11 p.m. ET. Fans can also watch all remaining coverage on NBC Sports Gold’s Trackpass.