MotoGP NBC Sports schedule: How to watch 2020 season

2 Comments

As MotoGP resumes its season, NBC Sports will have fans covered. Find the full MotoGP NBC Sports schedule below, including times, channels and times.

The 20-race season was scheduled to open March 8 with the Qatar Grand Prix. But the premier MotoGP class canceled the season opener because of coronavirus-related travel restrictions (the Moto2 and Moto3 division still raced).

After a four-month hiatus because of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the season finally began July 19 at the Jerez circuit. MotoGP events will be shown on NBC and NBCSN this season and via streaming at motogp.tv.

The world’s premier motorcycle road racing series announced July 31 that it will hold 15 events in the 2020 season, which will end Nov. 22 at the Algarve International Circuit in Portugal.

MotoGP results for 2020

Stop 1: Qatar, MotoGP canceled (Moto 2; Moto3 support divisions raced)

Stop 2: Spain (MotoGP winner: Fabio Quartararo)

Stop 3: Andalucia (MotoGP winner: Fabio Quartararo)

Stop 4: Czech Republic (MotoGP winner: Brad Binder)

Stop 5: Austria (MotoGP winner: Andrea Dovizioso)

Stop 6: Styria (MotoGP winner: Miguel Oliveira)

Stop 7: San Marino (MotoGP winner: Franco Morbidelli)

Stop 8: Emilia Romagna (MotoGP winner: Maverick Vinales)

MotoGP NBC Sports schedule for 2020 (all times are ET)

Stop Date Grand Prix Venue Air Time  Network
(ET)
9 27-Sep Catalunya Barcelona – Catalunya 11:00 PM NBCSN
10 11-Oct France Le Mans 7:00 PM NBCSN
11 18-Oct Aragon Motorland Aragon 7:00 PM NBCSN
12 25-Oct Teruel Motorland Aragon 4:30 PM NBC
10:30 PM NBCSN
13 8-Nov Europe Comunitat Valencia – Ricardo Tormo 10:00 PM NBCSN
14 15-Nov Comunitat Valencia Comunitat Valencia – Ricardo Tormo 2:30 PM NBC
11:00 PM NBCSN
15 22-Nov Portugal Algarve International Circuit TBA TBA

Zach Veach splits with Andretti Autosport for rest of IndyCar season

Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
1 Comment

Zach Veach will be leaving his Andretti Autosport ride with three races remaining in the season, choosing to explore options after the decision was made he wouldn’t return for 2021.

In a Wednesday release, Andretti Autosport said a replacement driver for the No. 26 Dallara-Honda would be named in the coming days. The NTT IndyCar Series will race Oct. 2-3 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course and then conclude the season Oct. 25 on the streets of St. Petersburg, Florida.

Veach was ranked 11th in the points standings through 11 races of his third season with Andretti. Since a fourth in the June 6 season opener at Texas Motor Speedway, he hadn’t finished higher than 14th.

“The decision was made that I will not be returning in 2021 with Andretti Autosport in the No. 26 Gainbridge car,” Veach said in the Andretti release. “This, along with knowing that limited testing exists for teams due to COVID, have led me to the decision to step out of the car for the remainder of the 2020 IndyCar season. I am doing this to allow the team to have time with other drivers as they prepare for 2021, and so that I can also explore my own 2021 options.

“This is the hardest decision I have ever made, but to me, racing is about family, and it is my belief that you take care of your family. Andretti Autosport is my family and I feel this is what is best to help us all reach the next step. I will forever be grateful to Michael and the team for all of their support over the years. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for a relationship that started many years ago with Road to Indy. I will also be forever grateful to Dan Towriss for his friendship and for the opportunity he and Gainbridge have given me.

“My love for this sport and the people involved is unmeasurable, and I look forward to continuing to be amongst the racing world and fans in 2021.”

Said team owner Michael Andretti: “We first welcomed Zach to the Andretti team back in his USF2000 days and have enjoyed watching him grow and evolve as a racer, and a person. His decision to allow us to use the last few races to explore our 2021 options shows the measure of his character.

“Zach has always placed team and family first, and we’re very happy to have had him as part of ours for so many years. We wish him the best in whatever 2021 may bring and will always consider him a friend.”

Andretti fields five full-time cars for Veach, Alexander Rossi, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Marco Andretti and Colton Herta.

It also has fielded James Hinchcliffe in three races this season.